If you are getting a new phone, please remember to transfer your items before you sell back or trade in your device!
With Private Cloud
If you back up your photos in Private Cloud, this process is super easy.
- Install Keepsafe on your new phone and log in.
- Make sure your Private Cloud is enabled on both your old and new phones (Settings > Private Cloud).
- Make sure your data is 100% synced. Go through your albums on your old phone to verify that your photos have a check mark in the bottom right corner.
- Maintain your Keepsafe open on your new device, with the screen on, until you see that all of your pictures have synced. That’s it!
Without Private Cloud
If you don’t currently use Private Cloud, you have a few options.
- Provided you have enough room in your Private Cloud for all your photos (200 for Basic, 10,000 for Premium), you can turn on Private Cloud, and follow the super-easy instructions above.
- To see if you have enough room: open Keepsafe, select the cloud icon at the top right, and check your quota.
- If you don’t want to continue to use Private Cloud, you can turn it off once you finish the transfer.
- If you don’t have enough room in your Private Cloud, you can upgrade to Premium to get more space—up to 10,000 files—and then follow the instructions above. (You can always cancel Premium if you decide you don’t want it after the first year)
- If you don’t want to buy Premium or use Private Cloud, or if you have more than 10,000 photos , you can do a manual transfer.
- Export (unhide) all of your pictures and videos that don’t have the check mark on them.
- Transfer the files to your new device using email, messages, or some other method.
- Import the photos on your new device to Keepsafe.