If you are getting a new phone, please remember to transfer your items before you sell or trade in your old device!
Using Keepsafe's cloud backup
If your contents are backed up in the Keepsafe cloud, this process is super easy:
- Install Keepsafe on your new device and log into the same account you were using on the old device.
- Make sure that cloud backup is enabled on both your old and new devices ( Keepsafe > Settings > Backup & Sync ).
- Make sure all of your items are backed up.
- Maintain your Keepsafe open on your new device, with the screen on, until you see that all of your contents have synced. That’s it!
Without Keepsafe's cloud backup
If your contents are not currently backed up in Keepsafe, you can enable the backup feature and follow the super-easy instructions above. To see if you have enough room to sync all items, open your Keepsafe app and tap the cloud icon in the main screen (where your albums appear) — there, you can check your quota.
You can disable the cloud backup once all items have been downloaded to your new device, if you don’t wish to continue using the Keepsafe cloud. We recommend keeping the cloud always enabled so that your contents can always be restored when necessary.
If you don’t have enough room in your Keepsafe cloud for all your items, you can upgrade to Premium to get more space — up to 10,000 files, or 100,000 with the Lifetime plan — and then follow the instructions above. You can always cancel your subscription if you decide you don’t want to continue using it after the first month/year.
If you don’t want to buy Premium or use the cloud backup, or if you have more than 10,000 photos , you can do a manual transfer following the steps below:
- Export (unhide) all items that are not backed up.
- Transfer the items to your new device using email, messages, or any preferred method.
- Import the items into Keepsafe on your new device.