For security purposes, we base our account management system on sending a machine-generated access code to a verified email address. This is the only form of identification we have to make sure we’re communicating with the right person, and that we don’t give access to your Keepsafe account to someone who shouldn’t have it.
Therefore, make sure you provide at least one alternative email address. We use your email address to:
- Reset your PIN code if you ever forget it.
- Recover items that were backed up to your private cloud storage if you lose your device.
- Provide support — if you ever have a problem, our customer support team can only help if we know it’s you.
If you lose access to your primary email account without having provided a secondary email, we won’t be able to assist you with any of the issues mentioned above, and you won’t be able to access your Keepsafe account or its contents. In addition, please make sure to verify all of the email addresses you have added to your Keepsafe account, by clicking on the link included in the verification email sent to you. If necessary, you can ask for another verification email.
How do I request another verification email?
- In your Keepsafe app, open the settings in the top left corner.
- Go to 'Account'.
- If an email address is marked as 'unverified' (or shows an exclamation mark), tap on that email and select 'Resend Verification'.
- Go to your email inbox, find the verification email from us and tap the 'Verify Email' button in the message.
- That's it! This email address can now be used to reset your PIN or recover your account.
If you face any issues, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.