What is a photo vault?
A photo vault is a privacy app for your mobile device to protect photos, videos and documents. Putting your private pictures into a photo vault adds them to an encrypted, password-protected locker that keeps them safe and secure from prying eyes. In addition, you can choose to backup your files for added security. Using a photo vault can also save storage space on your device. The benefits vary depending upon which photo vault app you choose.
Why should I use a photo vault?
Most people use photo vaults to hide their private photos so they aren’t visible in their device's photo gallery. Because photo vaults can also be used for backup, your special photos are kept safe in the event that you lose or replace your device.
Keepsafe Photo Vault
Keepsafe Photo Vault allows you to hide pictures, videos and documents by locking them in a secret vault on your smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android). You can have a double layer of security by locking individual albums if you prefer. Keepsafe’s private photo vault also allows you to backup photos with private cloud storage. The privacy app includes:
- PIN code, Fingerprint or Face ID password protection
- Military-grade encryption
- Free backup space for up to 200 pictures and videos
- Media backup for up to 10,000 pictures and videos with Keepsafe Premium (100,000 with Lifetime plan)
- Intruder Alerts (Premium)
- Decoy Vault with a separate PIN (Premium)
- Album Locks (Premium)